Wednesday 17 June 2009

Following in his footsteps.....

Today I decided to head into Londons Piccadilly Circus and follow the footsteps of my celebrity client, Cary Grant, that I am working on, for Project 2.

Upon reading copious amounts of research, I discovered, when he was in London he would visit his favourite haunts which included:

The Burlington Arcade on Piccadilly



I also stopped and met up with Mr N for a coffee and pastry at the famous Laduree (first started in Paris) at the arcade.




Then, I walked down to Jeremyn Street and found Floris, Perfumers and Maunufacturers of toilet preparations (oh, it sounds so English!), where Mr Grant would buy his favourite toilet water New Mown Hay.... I asked if I could smell the scent of this bespoke fragrance (and it was quite lovely!)




A few doors up was his favourite shirt, tie and waistcoat makers, Hawes & Curtis. I was surprised to see in the window display, A Well Dressed Gentleman's Pocket Guide, featuring Cary Grant






I couldn't resist stopping in at Fortnum & Mason to buy some tea (their window displays were just adorable... sorry no photos)

Teapots on the 1st floor caught my eye..






And then it was up to Saville Row, where he would buy his bespoke suits from Gieves and Hawkes and Kilgour




A day in the life of Cary Grant.......
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails