Saturday 6 June 2009

Olympia International Art & Antiques Fair, London: Part 2

I didn't get a change to post the rest of the photos yesterday, as I have immersed myself into Project 2, but here they are as promised:

My most favourite room at the fair (sorry I cant remember who it was by as I was blown away with the display - photo doesn't do it justice):





Loved this gorgeous late 19th century Portuguese silk embroidered hanging. It is worked in floss silks on a fuschia silk ground, depicting two peacocks amidst cornucopia, flowers and flowing tendrils, circa 1860 from Marilyn Gorrow- Fine Textile Art


And this, a pair of 19th century Chinese sleevebands from a lady's robe, depicting flowers and butterflies - symbols of married happiness, also from Marilyn Gorrow



This extremely rare swedish chandelier circa 1800 from Gaby van Schagen Antiques (Holland),

price £19500




But my favourite artwork, are these two portraits from Strachan Fine Art Ltd
costing a very cool £56 000. They would look amazing in a contemporary room against stark white walls .... there was a lot of interest in them... they've probably already been snatched up!
On the back of the male portrait, the family coat of arms was painted... it was a work of art in itself.

Hope you all have a great weekend! I think I'll be staying in as the weather has turned to grey...
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails