Monday 10 January 2011

Lumière noire ...


Le poète
doit faire
un tableau noir
avec de la lumière.
-Olivier Py.

The poet must compose a black tableau with light. Oliver Py.

'Here light wants us to fall for an absurd story, would even like us to think it is History. A lighted chandelier retreats under a black tulle funereal shroud to make way for the sincere extinguished chandelier Gouthière designed for Queen Marie-Antoinette's guilded study at Versailles. On the back of the Louis XVI canape, two skeletons jokingly spook each other to prove that a good time can be had, be it deep in a tomb or in bygone days at the French court.'

I came across this exquisitely humourous image and text in the magazine Lumière which I picked up at last years Decorex London ... and I had to share it with you.


A little Monday inspiration.
xx




4 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful, Marina. I could actually live like this and be so happy. Come see my new Page 2 showing my jewelry which is for sale & tell me what you think. Sending love...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am certainly inspired in more ways than one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Marina, I always go to the image first and thought I needed glasses..."hmmm they look like skeletons'. Well, I so love the playfulness, almost irreverence of the design working so well in THAT room.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails