Thursday 19 May 2011

Jeremiah

I've been a huge fan of Jeremiah Goodman, also know as 'the man who drew space'.
The 88 year old has painted evocative interiors for the wealthy and influential and for 15 years, he made monthly covers for Interior Design magazine.

In the latest edition of FRAME magazine, there is a spread featuring this artist and a few of his paintings belonging to a bygone era and I was inspired to do my own version using oil pastels

The image shown is of the New York decorator, Ruby Ross Wood's drawing room in a vibrant shade of vermilion.


My version of his water-coloured rendering, but I have used oil pastels.



This is one of Goodmans work for the new Acne Store in London, completed in 2010.


Another beautiful painting by Goodman of the multimillionaire art collector and interior decorator, Carlos De Beistegui's Parisian dining room.

He has also published a beautiful book, Jeremiah: A Romantic Vision, which offers a rare look at true grandeur.
Premium quality giclée prints are available exclusively from Dean Rhys Morgan.

Be inspired today!
xx

PS. Thank you for all your lovely comments.
I still havent been around to everyones blogs yet to leave a comment!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Marina,
    It's lovely to see you back. I haven't been around for a while as I had MASSIVE computer and Blogger problem's.....HUGE !!
    I love Jeremiah Goodman's work.....it is very 'me' and, you have done a great job with your homage to him.
    Sounds as if you have been very busy lately.....it's hard work being a mum and trying to fit in your own stuff as well, isn't it !!!! XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful article which I must try and get a copy of!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your oil pastel version looks phenomenal! I absolutely LOVE it!

    ~ Clare x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails