Sunday 9 October 2011

Art ...

Last Wednesday night I had the pleasure of attending the preview evening of Art London ... which was fabulous as always. My girlfriend and I were talking art (as you do) and brought up the Australian artist, John Brack.
He was not exhibited at the show, but I thought I'd show you some of his paintings I love:

Nude in an armchair 1957



The Old Time



The Boucher Nude

{images from here}

John Brack was one of the most cerebral of Australian artists. An avid reader and a cool, dispassionate observer of people and society, he has left behind several series of paintings of modern life which have achieved iconic status. Images whose coolness, ambiguity and hidden complexity demand careful consideration from the viewer.

Wishing you all a very art filled weekend!
There is so much going on in the way of art shows in London, if you are in town!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails