Wednesday 12 October 2011

Exotic Marrakech ...

Palatial courtyard of the Royal Mansour, Marrakech



Cropped cover of Australian Belle April/May 2011


Royal Mansour, zellige tiles,sumptuous fabrics,
mixed with contemporary furniture





Reinterpretation of Moroccan style at the spa, Royal Mansour


{All fashion images Harpers Bazaar via Habitually Chic}


I am so excited!
It has been a dream of mine to one day travel to an exotic place like Marrakech and it is finally coming to fruition. I think as a designer, you are always stimulated by what is around you and I know Morocco will not disappoint in that department. It will be a sensory overload!

We are going next week for 4 days and will be staying at a classic riad in the Medina called La Maison Arabe. I cant wait to see all that beautiful Moroccan craftmanship with tadelakt walls and cedar wood ceilings (which this riad boasts) and the beautiful zellige tiles.

I am also currently reading The Caliph's House by Tahir Shah, which I cannot put down, and hopefully followed by In Arabian Nights before we go. It is a beautifully written book of the authors year long adventure in Casablanca trying to restore a ruin of a palace.

I will try and post some images of La Maison Arabe tomorrow. If you cannot wait, just click the link above.

Happy Wednesday everyone!
xx

2 comments:

  1. That sounds great - Marrakech has been on my wish list for long time as well - hope to make it some time next year. The Zellige tiles in the Royal Mansour picture are so beautiful, I do love the colourful ones but this slightly pared down look is wonderful. Have a lovely time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always wanted to travel to Morocco! Cannot wait to see some pictures after your trip!

    ~ Clare x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails