Monday 9 April 2012

My Side of the bed ... by Janet McAulay

Today we're looking at another interior designers side of the bed.
It belongs to the gorgeous Janet McAulay of McAulay Design Co


{image by Janet McAulay}


Janet has been renovating properties for over a decade with her business based north of London in Harrogate. She has kindly opened her bedroom door for us to take a peek into her side of the bed.


Here she explains the items that are special to her ...


Photographs of my darling husband , happy times @ The Residence in Dubai
A Halcyon days musical box - my wedding gift from my husband on our wedding day 14 years ago
My Smythson diary/notebook - the most random thoughts come to me at any time and I need to jot them down
Pierre Bastien foot and handcream - nothing (and I mean nothing) beats his cream for tired feet and dry hands
Parrot tulips - they say Springtime to me, my very favourites
A bundle of lavendar in a pretty little cashmere pouch
Candles that flicker and and smell devine
A stack of magazines - for inspiration, nonsense and dreaming
Cashmere socks - why am I always cold!

I love the fact that Janet doesn't have a bedside table and keeps a stack of her favourite magazines at the ready! Plus I'm in love with that grey headboard and the textured pillows.


Thank you so much for participating in 'My side of the bed' Janet ... and if you haven't already visited Janets blog which she updates monthly, do click HERE.



DON'T FORGET IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS FUN SERIES, PLEASE SEND ME YOUR PHOTOS!
DON'T BE SHY.

xx

5 comments:

  1. Love the headboard and the throw, must try that Pierre Bastien :)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful bedhead - and I love that it is so very tall. Just loving this series Marina!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Marina,
    This is such a lovely series.
    Its great to be a bit nosy and see into other peoples lives for ideas and inspiration.
    Have a good day.
    Lizx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello!
    I`m one of the follower since today!
    Nice sites!!!

    My blog: verso-casa.blogspot.com
    Minna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very clever to have the foresight to build little nooks in the wall!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails