Monday 1 June 2009

The First Taste......

I'm new to all this blogging business. I wish I could attend the Blog Out Loud event (which I first spied on coco + kelley blog), but I no longer live in LA! I will definitely be watching it on the website once it has been recorded!

So, you're all wondering what iced vo vo's are .... they're an Australian icon!

Here's a little bit of trivia for you....
Iced Vo-Vo's were first registered in 1906, Iced Vo Vos have become one of Arnott’s most famous biscuits. An Iced Vo Vo is a lovely, cakey biscuit topped with two strips of pink fondant and a strip of strawberry jam, all sprinkled with coconut - a symphony in pink! It's just a little bit of Australiana for an expat living in London.

This brings me to the lovely weekend I had visiting Petersham Nursery in the picturesque suburb of Richmond, Surrey UK. Not only do they stock a lovely range of plants and exquisite range of outdoor furniture, gifts and gardening tools, but they have a lovely Teahouse and Cafe where Mr N and I spent the afternoon .....

I hope you enjoy some of the photos I took......



These french drinking glasses and jugs were devine.














Even the dreaded feather dusters look stylish!

I hope you enjoyed my first blog ..... and here's to many more!
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails