Thursday, 10 November 2011

Lanterns Moroccan style ...

I'm a real sucker for intricate lanterns and during my recent trip to Marrakesh
 there was not a shortage of them ...

This amazing shot was taken at the Bahia Palace in Marrakech,
the ceiling is hand painted and resembles a persian rug


 Lanterns poolside @ La Maison Arabe


... in the restaurant

... and corridors



Numerous lanterns at the Souks





@ La Maison Arabe


... the filigree and craftsmanship is amazing



leather lanterns photographed at the souks


And the two beauties I brought back with me, but haven't found the right spot to put them yet ...


{all photographs belong to Iced VoVo's}

xx

4 comments:

  1. Great photos Marina. We have a Moroccan lantern in our courtyard and I absolutely love it. Such great patterns and colour :)

    Abbey x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stop it, you're making me jealous! I have the travel bug bad. I see so many beautiful places on my lovely blog tour, and it is just inspiring me to visit them in person. Can't wait. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would go nutty walking through that Moroccan store. Our style is so eclectic, I'm sure I could find a spot for a lamp or two...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,
    Thanks for the excellent contribution to the discussion.

    Travel tours Morocco

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails