Monday 21 May 2012

My side of the bed ... by Penny from Plaits and Paisley

It's Monday, and that means that we're having another sneaky peak into some ones bedroom!

I am so loving the old world charm of this bedroom,
It has a real nostalgic feel about it ... especially all the beautiful mirrors and that darling little figurine!
It belongs to a new blogging friend of mine, Penny from Plaits and Paisley who lives in Melboune, Australia
and she so kindly offered to share her side of the bed with us today ...




all images belong to Plaits and Paisley

What's on my side of the bed ...

"My bedroom is very subdued compared with the rest of my home. It's mainly white and grey with warmth added via timber furniture.
Taking these photos I realised how girly it looks. You would think with my mirror fascination that I liked looking at myself, but nothing could be further from the truth! 

I live in a relatively small apartment, so my old oak chest of drawers had to become my beside table. It means I can hide my glasses, reading material etc in the top drawer. 

It reflects my collecting obsession, as most things are from markets or op shops and it gets a bit cluttered!

On the drawers I like to have some flowers, a scented soy candle, my essential reading light and to store my jewellery in the crystal container and the miniature chest of drawers, given to me by my mum . 
The little figurine belonged to my grandmother. The black and white prints, from an old book, were great dollar finds which I had framed."

This goes to show you that you don't need to spend a fortune on decorating.  Penny enjoys collecting things from markets and op shops all over the world and I especially think black and white prints from old books look fabulous, like what Penny has done in her bedroom.

Penny's amazing blog recently featured her travels through India, which really caught my attention with her beautiful photography ... a country one day I hope to visit also! Take a look if you haven't already.

Thank you so much Penny for generously sharing your side of the bed with us.

If you've missed the previous posts on this series click hereherehereherehereherehere and here.

DON'T FORGET IF YOU WOULD LIKE THIS SERIES TO CONTINUE 
AND WOULD LIKE TO PARTICIPATE, PLEASE SEND ME YOUR PHOTOS!

DON'T BE SHY.

xx


3 comments:

  1. How pretty Penny's side of the bed looks.....I have some of those mirrors too !
    I also LOVE the lamp. It's really lovely to see how other peoples side of the bed looks Marina.
    ....and, many thanks for your comment today.
    Have a great week. XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just love that gorgeous tray! Have a lovely week Marina :)

    Abbey x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just as elegantly beautiful as I would expect of Penny's bedroom! She has a fabulous eye for interesting things. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails