Monday 20 February 2012

Artist: Thérèse Theodas










Remember when I posted a few weeks back about my weekend away at Chewton Glen, well I forgot to tell you about the beautiful sculptures that were on display throughout the hotel by Thérèse Theodas.

Thérèse's work is exhibited extensively in selected hotels and galleries around the UK and her bronze sculptures are modeled from life.

I fell in love with Girl Kneeling and here she sits proudly in my entrance way on an antique round table. If you'd like to read more about Thérèse Theodas click here.

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend ...

xx

2 comments:

  1. My goodness she is beautiful! The way she is leaning back, maybe? Or the sadness of her face? Or maybe it is the gorgeous bronze colour? Very taken with this sculpture. Haven't heard of Therexe Tehodas before - but keen to see more now! How beautiful this would have been in the foyer. (Of course, with nudes, it's always that weird thing where if one looks for too long people get the wrong idea - so I would have to sneakily glance at this piece every time I went by!). x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Took me time to read all the comments, but I really love the article. It proved to be very helpful to me and I am sure to all the commenters here! It’s always nice when you can not only be informed, but also engaged! I’m sure you had joy writing this article.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails